PROF. SHINO GEORGE MEMORIAL DEBATE COMPETITION
Marian International Institute of Management, Kuttikkanam, Kerala (MIIM) one of the top B schools of the country is organizing a State level Inter-Collegiate Debate Competition – “Shino George Memorial State Level Inter-Collegiate Debate Competition 2020” on a dominating theme.
“Pandemic has killed Sustainable development in our country”
About Shino George- in whose memory this competition is being held
This Debate competition bears the name of Shino George who was an Assistant Professor with Marian International Institute of Management. He was an inspiration to all of us and a dedicated faculty member with excellent organizing skills and hardworking nature with humble and simple behaviour. Unfortunately, he was called to Gods abode on 29th October 2019 shattering all the dreams of his family and keeping all students, faculty and Management into deep sorrow and anguish.
Rules and Regulations
- No registration fee for the participants.
There will be a maximum of two teams from each institute/college comprising of two members (each in 1 team) – one speaking For the Motion and the other Against the Motion. The college shall provide a letter of participation or a mail.
- A panel of eminent judges shall judge the competition. In case of any dispute, the decision of the judges would be final.
- Each speaker will be allowed to express his or her views for 3+1 minutes followed by an interjection from the audience. No cross questioning is allowed.
- The speaker will be evaluated on the criteria of content, diction, eloquence, body language and confidence level.
- The winning team will be awarded running trophy along with a cash prize of Rs.10000. Runners up will be awarded a cash prize of RS.6000. The individual participants will be given certificates.
- The best speaker will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 4000 and a certificate.
- Participation Certificates shall be given to all the participants
- The winning institute shall have to give the undertaking to return the trophy by the first week of June 2021.
For more information,
Prof.Samson Thomas Ph: 9447599717
Sophy Alexander Ph:9496515080